Reversible kids car & rocking chair designed by Hans Brockhage and Erwin Andrä under the supervision of Mart Stam and made at the company Siegfried Lenz Berggieszhübel in about 1950. Hans Brockhage studied from 1947 to 1952 at the College of Fine Arts in Dresden, led by Mart Stam. The swing-car was designed at “der Werkkunstschule” in Dresden (then DDR). This is the first version with red wooden wheels. In 1956, this playing car won the “Spiel Gut” price for its exceptional design.
Material: curved plywood and beech wood, with the original red wooden wheels and black rubber tires.
Considering its age, this rocking chair / car is still in very good and original condition.